ConstructionBOS Security Practices, Policies & Infrastructure
Updated on: 5th June 2019
ConstructionBOS uses a certified third party security and data protection service to meet the needs of our security and that of our clients. We take security very seriously and use a service provider that have developed a comprehensive set of practices, technologies and policies to help ensure your data is secure.
This document outlines some of the mechanisms and processes that have been implemented to help ensure that your data is protected. Our security practices are grouped in four different areas: Physical Security; Network Security; People Processes and Redundancy and Business Continuity.
The datacenters used by ConstructionBOS are hosted in some of the most secure facilities available today in locations that are protected from physical and logical attacks as well as from natural disasters such as earthquakes, fires, floods, etc.
- 7x24x365 Security. The data centers that host your data are guarded seven days a week, 24 hours a day, each and every day of the year by private security guards.
- Video Monitoring. Each data center is monitored 7x24x365 with night vision cameras.
- Controlled Entrance. Access to the data centers ConstructionBOS use is tightly restricted to a small group of pre-authorised personnel.
- Biometric, two-Factor Authentication. Two forms of authentication, including a biometric one, must be used together at the same time to enter a ConstructionBOS data center.
- Undisclosed locations. ConstructionBOS uses servers that are located inside generic-looking, undisclosed locations that make them less likely to be a target of an attack.
- Bullet-resistant walls. ConstructionBOS uses servers that are guarded safely inside bullet-resistant walls.
Our network security team and infrastructure helps protect your data against the most sophisticated electronic attacks. The following is a subset of their network security practices. These are intentionally stated in a very general way, since even knowing what tactics are used is something hackers crave. If your organisation requires further detail on our network security, please contact us.
- Secure Communication. All data transmission to ConstructionBOS services are encrypted using TLS 1.2 protocols, and we use certificates issued by SHA 256 based CA ensuring that our users have a secure connection from their browsers to our service. We use the latest and strong ciphers like AES_CBC/AES_GCM 256 bit/128 bit keys for encryption, SHA2 for message authentication and ECDHE_RSA as the key exchange mechanism.
- IDS/IPS. Our network is gated and screened by highly powerful and certified Intrusion Detection / Intrusion Prevention Systems.
- Control and Audit. All accesses are controlled and also audited.
- Secured / Sliced Down OS. ConstructionBOS applications run inside a secured, sliced-down operating system engineered for security that minimizes vulnerabilities.
- Virus Scanning. Traffic coming into ConstructionBOS Servers is automatically scanned for harmful viruses using state of the art virus scanning protocols which are updated regularly.
Designing and running data center infrastructure requires not just technology, but a disciplined approach to processes. This includes policies about escalation, management, knowledge sharing, risk, as well as the day to day operations. ConstructionBOS’ security team has years of experience in designing and operating data centers and continually improves their processes over time. They have developed world class practices for managing security and data protection risk.
- Select Employees. Only employees with the highest clearance have access to our data center data. Employee access is logged and passwords are strictly regulated. We limit access to customer data to only a select few of these employees who need such access to provide support and troubleshooting on our customers’ behalf.
- Audits. Audits are regularly performed and the whole process is reviewed by management.
- As–Needed Basis. Accessing data center information as well as customer data is done on an as-needed only basis, and only when approved by the customer (i.e. as part of a support incident), or by senior security management to provide support and maintenance.
Redundancy and Business Continuity
One of the fundamental philosophies of cloud computing is the acknowledgment and assumption that computer resources will at some point fail. We have designed our systems and infrastructure with that in mind.
- Distributed Grid Architecture. ConstructionBOS services run on a distributed grid architecture. That means a server can fail without a noticeable impact on the system or our services. In fact, on any given week, multiple servers fail without our customers ever noticing it. The system has been designed knowing that server will eventually fail – we have implemented our infrastructure to account for that.
- Power Redundancy. ConstructionBOS configures its servers for power redundancy – from power supply to power delivery.
- Internet Redundancy. ConstructionBOS is connected to the world –and you- through multiple Tier-1 ISPs. So if any one fails or experiences a delay, you can still reliably get to your applications and information.
- Redundant Network Devices. ConstructionBOS runs on redundant network devices (switches, routers, security gateways) to avoid any single point of failure at any level on the internal network.
- Redundant Cooling and Temperature. Intense computing resources generate a lot of heat, and thus need to be cooled to guarantee a smooth operation. ConstructionBOS servers are backed by N+2 redundant HVAC systems and temperature control systems.
- Geo Mirroring. Customer data is mirrored in a separate geographic location for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity purposes.
- Fire Prevention. ConstructionBOS uses data centers that are guarded by industry-standard fire prevention and control systems.
- Data Protection & Back-up. User data is backed-up periodically across multiple servers, helping protect the data in the event of hardware failure or disaster.
ISO/IEC 27001 is one of the most widely recognized independent international security standards. This certificate is awarded to organisations that comply with ISO’s high global standards. ConstructionBOS’ Security service provider has earned ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification for Applications, Systems, People, Technology, and Processes.
SOC 2 – ConstructionBOS’ Security service provide is SOC 2 Type II compliant. SOC 2 is an evaluation of the design and operating effectiveness of controls that meet the AICPA’s Trust Services Principles criteria.
For more information on our security policy and certifications, please contact email@example.com.